Monday, March 21, 2011

A Little Kitchen Corner Of Happiness

I just love little bits of happiness spread all over my house. When I walk past this corner of my kitchen…I smile! It’s the small things in life that can bring the greatest pleasures.



I’ve wanted one of these little vintage stoves for a long time–ever since I first saw a similar one on Ruthann’s blog, Sugar Pie Farmhouse. I just love the retro look, and I was excited to find my stove on Ebay for $3.00, although it needed some work. I repainted the outside, but I still need to repaint the top…but I’m still happy with how it turned out!
I found the LeCrueset look-alike ramekin at Goody’s, and the tiny teakettle and rolling pins were clearance Christmas items at KMart in January. The ‘pies’ (candles) came from CVS in the fall, and I found the glass dome/pedestal at Hobby Lobby in December…it was a little Christmas gift from me to me! LOL Actually I had a coupon for 50% off one item, so it really didn’t cost much.
The lamp is really cool. It has a built-in easel on the front to hold a book or plate. I chose to display the precious red/white polka dot plate my daughters gave me for Christmas. I have the matching coffee mug, and I LOVE it. It’s from the Spode "Baking Days" pattern. I think the soft glow of a lamp in the kitchen is so peaceful…especially in the evening.
I also enjoy my red/white "You Are Special" plate that my mama gave me for my birthday a year or two ago. We don’t eat off it much, but I’m going to try and use it more in a conscious effort to do small (but important) things to bless my family. And yes, I do think it adds to the decor. LOL

I am really considering re-doing my kitchen in a red/white retro-vintage-farmhouse theme. I think red/white curtains and accessories would go nicely with my blue/white walls and trim.

Like I said…it’s the little things.

No comments: